Thursday, August 18, 2011

Customer Garage Sale Tonight... and a sneak peek for you!

Good morning Stampers! 

Before we get to the sneak peek, I want to remind you that tonight is round 2 of the big Stampin'Up! garage sale at my house in Sherwood from 7-9 pm for my customers ... that's YOU! Then tomorrow, I'm expecting that things might be a little crazy as the people who saw our announcement on Craig's List arrive.  Friday's sale starts at 9am and goes until around 2pm.  Everything is marked down even more, at least 55%  and there are lots more stamps added to the sale, including some rare sets from the past.

I've been busy playing with new stamps and accessories from the fabulous new Holiday Mini catalog that begins on September 1st.  While I hate to see the calendar page turn from August to September (summer is definitely my favorite season!), the new goodies in the Holiday Mini will help to ease the pain.  In fact, I might be so busy creating that I don't even notice!

If you haven't already seen the Holiday Mini, I can promise you that you are going to want (translate that to "need") so many of the new products that are featured.  Of course the best way to get what you need is to be a hostess.  I still have some fall dates left, so get your fun stamping party booked soon.  Then you can pick out your favorite stamps and accessories from the Holiday Mini absolutely free.  Doesn't that sound good?

Here's my card...

I won't bore you with the product numbers right now, as you can't order yet anyway, but I will tell you that the stamp set is called Gently Falling and it features a number of leaves and an acorn.  It is a two-step set, which adds a lot of versatility.  You can choose the more solid stamp, or just the line stamp.  Or, combine the two as I did here.  I then cut the leaf out.  It looks laborious, but really cutting goes pretty quickly, especially with Stampin'Up!'s super sharp paper snips which are sized especially for "fussy cutting."
The designer paper you see behind the leaf is the gorgeous new Spice Cake collection.  The colors are Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, River Rock, and Very Vanilla.  Across the bottom of the card I created a ribbon by cutting some of the new Spice Cake fabric into a strip and using it just like ribbon.

I hope your Thursday goes well.  We are excited here, as today is my daughter Katie's due date for her first baby.  Too bad the baby doesn't know that!  We'll just have to be patient as first babies are often late.

If you haven't treated yourself to some stamping time lately, get out your stamps and stamp something pretty today!  I'm  hoping to see you tonight at the big sale!
Stamping with a happy heart,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. GREAT BLOG! KEEP ME INFORMED OF UPCOMING EVENTS!

    MARILYN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neeeeed Spice Cake! I like how the Stampin' Up! kind is fat-free, too! :)

    ReplyDelete