Monday, September 26, 2016

Back to blogging...

Hello stamping friends!

So sorry that I've been silent for so long.  I've been fighting bronchitis since Sept 14th and so far the bronchitis is winning.  I'm hoping that I will "turn the corner" soon and be on the road to recovery.  Once I get a cough, it hangs on and on and on.  Ugh!

Well, enough about me. How have you been? Are you enjoying some pretty fall weather in Oregon? I know it's rained several times, but hopefully you are having some "blue sky days" as well! I'd love to hear from you, if you have time.  You can drop me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com  We are enjoying our family immensely.  Kate and Tim have been helping us with so many projects and my stamping room is almost complete.  Then I hope to be able to stamp a bit so I'll have some cards to show you, because I know you come here for stamping inspiration.

Here's a pretty card that you are sure to love, created by Janet Jones who is in my downline.  Take a peek, and then I'll list some of the products Janet used to create this beauty.




I'm sure you all know that if you click on the photo, you'll be able to see a larger image, but "just in case" I thought I'd mention that.

The stamp set is called Flourishing Phrases (page 49 of the annual catalog) and the matching thinlits can be seen on page 194 of the annual catalog. 

The DSP she used is from the Fruit Stand collection (on page 173 of the annual catalog.  The beautiful flourish was cut from Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper (page 55 of the holiday catalog).  While this glimmer paper appears with the Halloween products,  Janet was clever enough to see beyond sparkling pumpkins and use it on a card that has nothing to do with spooks, ghosts, and goblins. Thank you, Janet, for allowing me to share your card!

I'd  also like to point out that this is a card layout that you might want to file away for future use.  It's simple and classic and could be used for many types of cards.  So why not sketch it out and add it to your card sketch book?  Then when you are stuck and cannot come up with a layout that you like, you can turn to this one and get "un-stuck."

Before I go, here's a fun photo... Opa reading to the granddaughters before bed.  While Kate and Tim work on projects to help us get settled, Oma (that's me) and Opa (John) bathe the girls, get them in their jammies, and read the bedtime stories. 



Thanks for being my readers!  I miss you all and hope you are all well, happy, and doing lots of stamping!

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

1 comment:

  1. John looks so content being OPA. Susan, take good care of yourself and yes we all miss you,too.

    ReplyDelete