Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Labor Day!

Hello stamping friends!

Happy September and happy Labor Day!  Do you have something fun planned for today?  A barbecue, a trip to the coast, or maybe you're being smart and staying off the roads?  We'll be staying home for sure, because we are still in the process of unpacking and organizing.  My stamp room still looks awful, but I'm hoping to have things better organized in a couple of weeks.

I  had big plans to post a card today, as some of my downline members were kind enough to send me some cards they made for a card swap.  I photographed the cards, loaded them onto my computer, and then my computer started acting up.  Now when I boot up my computer, there's no blinking cursor in the password box, so I can't unlock my computer.    My computer tech guy (aka, Eli, my son-in-law) is on a camping trip right now, so I'm sorry I won't be able to post a card today.  I'm using John's computer to write this post.

John and I spent Sunday unpacking and I would say that we are about 75 % finished.  The worst room in the house right now is my stamp room.  I have just about maxed out the storage areas I have available, and I've still got boxes to unpack.  I may be making another trip to IKEA (only about 20 minutes away in West Sacramento) to buy another storage unit.  

I hope all is well with all of you in the Portland area.  I just checked the weather there and found that it has been cool, cloudy, and rainy lately.  Then I checked the forecast for Woodland and we're headed into a week of temps in the 90's.  It really is a different world down here.  Yesterday was one of the coolest days we've had... highs in the low 80's.  

We are looking forward to being finished with the house so we can get out and explore a bit.  We have plans to go see my sister in Sonoma County and we'd sure like to spend a day in the Napa Valley.  A trip to Carmel is on our agenda too.  Nothing too exciting, but we'll enjoy it as we haven't visited Carmel in over 30 years!

The next time I post, I'm hoping to show you a fun card or two.  
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment