Wednesday, September 28, 2016

World Card-Making Day... coming right up!

Hello stampers!
Can you believe that we've arrived at the last week of September?  The time is just flying by, isn't it?  The first Saturday of October is always World Card-Making Day.  On this day, all over the world, card-makers join in this special observance of their craft.  I'm going to miss my annual event that I've held for the past 7 or 8 years... my Souper Saturday, where I serve a soup lunch to mark this world-wide celebration.  I will definitely set aside some time this Saturday to make a few cards.  I hope that you will too!

Stampin'Up! is offering a couple of specials that you need to know about. I don't want you to miss out on anything!  So... the first "special" is in honor of World Card-Making Day.  I'll be sending this flyer to all of my customers, so look for it in your inbox.  The second special starts on October first and goes through 11 pm on October 31st.  This is the annual sale on Designer Series Paper.. the buy 3 and get the 4th package FREE special offer.  This sale applies to the DSP in both the annual catalog and the holiday catalog that is $11 per package, but does not apply to the specialty papers that sell for $13, nor does it apply to paper stacks.

I'm excited about both of these "specials,"  as it is always great to get a deal on something that you'll be purchasing anyway.

OK, now that those details are taken care of, let's get to the card!




I cased this card from a fellow demonstrator's blog.  Her name is Susan Itell and her blog is called Simple Stampin.  Here's the link...
www.simplestampin.com.  I used the same layout, the same DSP and ribbon, but instead of one tree, I added two more, because things just look better in threes.  To get the multi-colored leaves on the tree on the left, I first inked up the leaf stamp in Crushed Curry, then dabbed a couple of areas of the stamp on Cajun Craze.

The stamp set is called Totally Trees and can be seen on page 48 of the holiday catalog.  I knew it was going to be one of my favorites the minute I laid eyes on it!  It has a pine tree that you could use for
Christmas, as well as a palm tree that would be perfect for creating summery tropical beach cards.  Plus there are several other trees, such as the one I used on this card.  You cannot go wrong with this stamp set! 

The DSP is from the Petals and Paisleys specialty DSP that's on page 47 of the holiday catalog.  The great ribbon is the new 5/8 inch burlap ribbon on page 178 of the annual catalog.  The card base is Cajun Craze and the green accents are in Old Olive. 

Well, stampers, I think I've rambled on enough for one day.  It was a scorching 99 degrees on Tuesday, but today is supposed to be the  beginning of a slight cooling trend.  We are hoping that the cooler temperatures and rain that is forecast for next Monday and Tuesday will actually materialize.  This part of California could really use some rain.

Have a great Wednesday and be sure to come back on Friday for more stamping ideas!

Hugs and happiness,
Susan


 









No comments:

Post a Comment