Monday, June 13, 2016

Still More Swirly Cards

Hello Stampers and Happy Monday to all!

Did you enjoy your weekend?  I hope so!   I finally got started on  packing, after thinking about it for days.  As I went through several storage cabinets in the garage, I realized that I still have a lot of downsizing to do.  Ugh!  I was hoping that phase of the move was done.  Once I have the large items packed, it will be a breeze to pack plates, cups, and saucers.  I'm sure I'll be working on packing from now until our moving date, which is August 1st.  

I've got two more cards for you today which feature the Swirly Bird stamp set and coordinating framelits.  Then I'll give swirly cards a rest for a while and focus on some other new stamp sets.

Here's the first one... so summery!




This is a swap card that I received on the cruise. It's by Irene Wendlandt, a demonstrator from Germany.  I love the "water" she created with the framelits.  That cute sailboat and swirly sun are part of the Swirly Bird stamp set.  I'm not sure where that tiny anchor came from.  Perhaps it's something that's in the German catalog, but not in ours???

And here's another card I received in the cruise swap...




I just love the fresh, clean look of this mostly white card.  Nothing looks as crisp and clean as Whisper White!  This pretty card is the work of Debra Burgin.   The swirls are in Soft Suede and she used the new In-Color Flirty Flamingo for the card base, ribbon, and some of the small flowers, which are from the Grateful Bunch stamp set (a carry-over set from the Occasions catalog).  She punched out the flowers with the Blossom Bunch Punch.  The makings for the banner can be seen on page 73 of the new catalog.
The stamp set is called Thoughtful Banners and there's a coordinating punch called the Duet Banner Punch (page 186 of the new catalog).  This stamp set is on my wish list, as it has tons of sayings.  Since it's a photopolymer set, you can bend the sayings to fit on the curved banner.  Then it's just a quick punch and you're done... no Big Shot needed.  I hate to admit it, but I'm just that lazy!  I would rather just grab a punch any day, instead of getting up, going to the cupboard, searching for a framelit, then using the Big Shot to cut something out.  

Hope your week is off to a happy start!  Be sure to come back on Wednesday when I'll have more stamping inspiration for you!

Hugs all around,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment