Friday, June 17, 2016

Another "Touch of Texture"

Hello Stamping Friends!

Yippee!  It's Friday!  Although I'm happy the weekend is here, I'm also pretty sad because we won't be seeing our Seattle gang like we planned.  John and I both have a cold that we got on our 16+ hour flight home from Europe.  So, not wanting to risk catching our awful coughs, they are staying put in Seattle.  Ugh!

To make matters worse, we've run into some snags with our home sale.  We are still holding onto hope that the sale will go through, but we are feeling quite uncertain about the whole thing. Double Ugh!

When the going gets tough, the tough start stamping!  So let's concentrate on the happiness and joy that creating pretty cards brings to our lives, shall we?  I mentioned on Wednesday that I'd show you another make-and-take card from the cruise, so here it is...



This card actually has a big mistake, front and center.  I was having so much fun chatting with the demos at my table that I  really messed up my card.  The blue petals on the flower were supposed to be "stamped off."  That is, inked up, stamped on a piece of scrap paper, and then stamped on the card front.  The envelope is done correctly.  See what a nice light blue it is when it is stamped off?   The flower on the card front is just a little too dark.  That gorgeous blue is the new Dapper Denim, an In-color that has already proven to be a big favorite.

Before I go, I need to remind you that Sunday is Father's Day.  Be sure to remember the men in your life with a hand-stamped card.  It won't take long and you'll have such a good feeling when you are finished.  I've mailed off my cards to my sons-in-law.  Now I need to make one for John.

The weather will be warming up over the weekend, so hopefully it will seem a little more like summer!  
Wishing everyone a happy weekend of relaxation and fun,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment