Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A change of pace for Wednesday

Hey there, stampers!  

Hope I haven't made you dizzy the last few days with all of those swirly, twirly cards! 

I thought I'd take you in a different direction today by showing you a card I made on the cruise.  On Friday of the cruise, John and I decided to take a break from the constant excursions and just stay on board the ship.  It was a relaxing day and we really needed the rest.  That was also the day that we did "make-and-takes" so I got to meet up with other demonstrators and actually sit down and stamp.  

Here's one of the cards I made, using the new stamp set Touches of Texture, which you can see on page 141 of the new catalog.  This stamp set is just my style... flowers, a bee, texture-y lace, some splatters... just a great set for people like me who love the collage style of stamping.  I haven't had time to take this set out of the box since I've returned home, but it's one set that I can't wait to play with.  There are just so many possibilities for great cards with this set.

Here's the card...



That pretty blue is the fabulous new In-color, Dapper Denim.  We also used Very Vanilla card stock, along with the new Moroccan DSP.  The thank you sentiment is from the One Big Meaning stamp set ( page 41 of the new catalog).   We also used the new Moroccan Washi Tape (p. 179) along with some Linen Thread and some Basic Pearls.   I love how the envelope turned out, with the lace stamped in Dapper Denim, the splatters stamped in Delightful Dijon and the bee stamped in Early Espresso.

If you love the collage style, this is one set you need to add to your stamp collection!  Have a great Wednesday and please come back on Friday when I'll show you another card made with this this set.

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment