Monday, June 27, 2016

A change of pace

Hellooo stampers!  Welcome to the last week of June! 

There's some good news... our house is sold!  We passed the air quality test, the sewer scope test, and the crawl-space test!  Officially, houses aren't truly sold until escrow closes, which is scheduled for August 4th.  That's also the day we have to be out of the house.  So we're in packing mode now and making fairly good progress.  I hope to finish a week ahead of time to give us a breather before the movers come and the loading starts.  

While we are getting excited about our new life back in California, we're also a bit apprehensive about such a big change.  Every once in a while we think "What have we done?"  We are convinced that we are making the right move, while we're still able, but it's still a little scary.  Please send some good thoughts and positive energy our way.   OK... enough about that!  I know you want to see a pretty card, so here's one I hope you'll like...



and here's the inside...



This is another swap that I received on the cruise.  This one is by Nancy Thompson, a Stampin'Up! demonstrator from Skaneateles, NY.  

Her card is just loaded with new product!  The stamp set is one of the new host sets on page 201.  It's called Gift of Love and is a two-step stamp set.  She used Basic Black Archival Ink for the flower outline, then filled in with Peekaboo Peach and Emerald Envy for the flowers and leaves.  The card front features the new Playful Palette DSP stack and the new Ruched Ribbon (p. 178) in Peekaboo Peach.

The sentiment also comes with the Gift of Love set and she used the new Duet Banner Punch on page 186 to cut the fun double-layered banner.  What you cannot see so well in my photo is that she glammed up the flowers by applying a Wink of Stella to give the flowers an iridescent look.  So pretty!  I love the inside of the card as well.  Again, the inside sentiment comes with the stamp set.  Doesn't that vertical stripe of Playful Palette Washi Tape (p. 179) add a nice touch?  I don't know about you, but I tend to buy washi tape and then have trouble figuring out where to use it.  Why not start using a strip of coordinating washi tape on the inside of your cards?  

I've got tons of new products myself, but sadly, no time to use them.  I hope you'll understand that I'm going to be showing you card ideas, but mostly they aren't cards that I've created because packing up and moving out have to be my priorities right now.  
Still, I hope to keep you entertained and inspired to stamp by showing you some of the awesome cards I've received as swaps!

Thanks for stopping in to read my ramblings!  Enjoy the sunny week ahead!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment