Monday, November 10, 2014

Today's card forecast...cool and frosty

Hi there stampers!  Here we are at Monday again and the beginning of a new work week.  I'm sure there are plenty of you who are working today, but hopefully most of you will have Tuesday off for Veteran's Day to contemplate the sacrifices made on our behalf by our brave veterans.  It's not just a day for sales at the mall!  

As the title suggests, I've got a cool and frosty Christmas card for you today.  Check it out and then I'll tell you a bit about it...


Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White, along with snowflake images and some sparkly sequins make for a cool card!  
I started out with snowflakes from the Letterpress Winter set stamped randomly in Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay.  Next I embossed the stamped panel with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  I wrapped the panel with some Thick Baker's Twine in Coastal Cabana.  I stamped the greeting from the Cheerful Tags set in Bermuda Bay over a snowflake in Coastal Cabana.  I punched it out with the 2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle and adhered it to a larger circle of Coastal Cabana punched with the  2 1/2 inch Circle Punch.  Some sequins from the In-Color Sequin Assortment (top of page 208 in the annual catalog) add a little sparkle to the card.  I adhered them with mini glue dots... so quick and easy and they'll stay stuck!  Those glue dots are strong!  And there you have it... a quick and easy card in under 5 minutes... 6 or 7 if you are a bit slower.  
Using the assembly line method, you could easily make 30-40 of these in an evening while watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.

Are you by any chance a Hallmark Christmas movie junkie like me?  I know the movies are schmaltzy and some are pretty sappy, but sometimes sappy is good.  Life can get all too real and sometimes we need a little escape!

Hope your week is off to a smooth start!  
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment