Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Man in the Red Suit

Hey there, stampin' people!  
How did it get to be Wednesday already?  One thing is for sure... the time is flying by more quickly than ever, just like it always does around this time of year.  One minute you are making your grocery list for the Thanksgiving feast and before you know it you are taking down the Christmas tree!
If only there was some way to slow things down.  No matter how we might try to drag our feet, that chubby guy in the red suit is going to show up before most of us are ready for him.

Take a look at today's card and you can see that he's already out practicing landings with his trusty reindeer.  



I just love the little houses in the Holiday Home set combined with the trees in the White Christmas set.  They go together just perfectly!  I masked off a circular area with a circle punched from Post-it paper, then sponged in the sky in Soft Sky.  Santa and his reindeer look so cool silhouetted against the moon!  The house was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Cherry Cobbler card stock, then cut out with the matching framelit.  Even if you don't know me very well, you probably know that I don't like glitter, as I don't even try to hide my dislike of the stuff! Once you open that little jar, watch out! It ends up on my forehead, on my clothing, on my upper lip, on my floors, in my hair, etc. etc. etc.  Ugh! However, I think this card would be a whole lot more festive if those bare wintry trees had some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (page 213 of the annual catalog) coating their branches.  

I'm busy getting all my ducks in a row for this coming Saturday's Crazy for Christmas class (Nov. 22nd at 1 pm).You'll be making 4 Christmas cards, sipping some hot spiced cider, enjoying some holiday treats AND winning some fun merchandise instead of the usual door prizes!  I'd love it if you join our friendly group of stampers!  Just send me a quick email and I'll add your name to the list.  The cost is a very reasonable $10, or the class is free with a $35 purchase.  Oh, and don't forget that I'll be announcing a "special" good on Saturday only.

Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!
Hugs,
Susan                      

No comments:

Post a Comment