Monday, November 17, 2014

Red+Green=Christmas

Hey there stamping friends!

Thanks for coming back to The Classic Card and a happy Monday to all!

I don't know how you feel about this cold windy weather, but I think I'm ready to get back to our usual Oregon weather.... rainy and temps in the 40's and 50's.  As much as I love the sun, if it has to come with biting cold and wind, then I'm not much of a fan. OK, that was my negative comment for the day.  And now moving on to more positive thoughts, let's get to the card.

For several weeks I've been showing you all sorts of Christmas cards, but I've realized that very few of them featured the good old traditional colors of red and green.  There's been lots of Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow, Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay, but I don't think I've shown a single card in the tried and true Christmas colors of Real Red and Garden Green.  So here you go... a card with traditional colors...



If you attended my Fun and Free Friday event, then you made this card.  The designer paper is called Nordic Noel, the green panel is Garden Green embossed with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder.
The tree is stamped in Garden Green ink on Garden Green card stock with one of the images from the Festival of Trees set, then punched out with the Tree Punch.  The sentiment is from the Wondrous Wreath set, stamped in Real Red ink and cut out with one of the Oval Framelits.  Some of the soft cotton ribbon in Real Red adds the finishing touch, along with the little gold sparkly star, which was punched from gold glimmer paper with the small star punch in the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack on page 222 of the annual catalog.  This card came together quickly and I love its bright and happy look.  

Hope you all had a relaxing weekend and are ready for the new week ahead.  I'll look forward to "seeing" you again on Wednesday for more stamping inspiration.

Hugs to all,
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment