Monday, February 24, 2014

Super Simple Spring

Hello Stampers and happy Monday to all!

I hope you all enjoyed the fabulous sunny Saturday we had! What a great day to get out and attack the yard work that we've neglected far too long.  It seemed like everyone was out on Saturday...mowing and trimming, pruning and weeding.  I saw neighbors that I hadn't seen in months, as--like me-- they've been hibernating. I know that spring in the northwest doesn't mean sunshine and blue skies.  More often than not it means rain, rain, and more rain.  But still, I'm looking forward to the arrival of spring.  In honor of this upcoming event (taking place on March 20th this year), I've got a super simple, clean and classic card for you.




You really can't get much simpler than this!  I used some low-tack painters' tape (the blue masking tape) and taped off a little rectangle on a piece of watercolor paper.  Then, with my Aqua Painter, I squiggled on some Daffodil Delight ink.  I made sure to just quickly swipe the ink back and forth over the taped-off area, leaving some of the paper un-painted.  Then I just stamped the flower image over the colored area in Jet Black Staz-On ink.  Then down below I added the "hello spring!" sentiment.  

This card would look equally pretty with a squiggle of blushing bride, pear pizzazz, pool party, or other pastel.  Check out the stamp set called Springtime Hello on page 21 of the new Occasions catalog.  Although I didn't use her on the card, I love the sweet little bee that comes with this set.  And how do I know that little bee is a "she?"  All of the amazing women that I know are super multi-taskers and always busier than the proverbial bee.  Men, not so much.

Before I leave you today, I wanted to mention that yesterday at the Tools of the Trade class, we drew for the winner of the 50-50 board.  One of the stampers that was here yesterday didn't have her name on the board, so she did the honors and drew out the winning ticket.  Shall we have a little drum roll before we scroll down?   OK, let's scroll







And the winner is.....  Marilyn Kuby! 

OK stampers... I've got to run now.... SOS starts at 1 pm at Symposium and I can't be late!  Hope your week is off to a great start!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment