Friday, February 28, 2014

Bizzy Bee....

Hi Stampers!

Thanks for coming back to The Classic Card for some card-making inspiration this fine February Friday, the last Friday of the month. Farewell, February!  Thanks for the snowy memories! Now it's time to do an about-face and forward march, right into March.

The industrious bee is the perfect symbol of what my March is going to be like.... dizzy busy!  I'll be buzzing around like mad, flying here and flying there!  March is the grand finale of Sale-a-bration and I've got a lot of events on my calendar.  Believe me, I'm very grateful for each and every one!  I look forward to connecting with as many of my Stampin'Up! customers as possible.  I love sharing creative time with you!

I'm hoping that the card I'm sharing today will spark your creativity and perhaps motivate you to pull out your stamps and make a spring card or two.



If you are going for a fresh, light look, then there's no better color for a background than white.  White has that "freshly washed sheets billowing on the clothesline" feeling that just screams clean and fresh.  I chose Daffodil Delight for the stamped panel to give the card a warm and sunny feeling.  The stamp set I used is called Hello Spring and you can find it on page 21 of the Occasions catalog.  I stamped the daisies repeatedly, then I've got Mr. B hovering over them as he's deciding which flower to land on.  I used a white chalk marker (p. 37) to add a touch of white to the centers of the daisies.  Yes, I know, the petals should have been colored in white, not the centers, but if I'm honest enough to admit that I'm just too lazy to color each tiny petal, will you allow me a little artistic license?  I stamped the "hello spring" sentiment on a scrap of white card stock, then cut it out with the word window punch and tied it around the yellow panel with some linen thread.  Oh, and did you notice the honeycomb texture on the white background panel?  I thought that was a nice tie-in with the little buzzzzzzy guy.

Like the bee, I'm off and flying. I've got lots to do today to get ready for the watercoloring class on Saturday.  If you're at work today, may your Friday go by quickly, with as little drama as possible.  Then I'm wishing you a restful and relaxing weekend with plenty of time to do just what you want!  Thanks for being my readers!  I appreciate each one of you!
Bee happy!
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment