Monday, February 3, 2014

Sniffle time is here...

Hello there, stampers!

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone you know is sick with a miserable cold?  I guess it's just that time of year.  I'm thankful that my friends have just had colds, not the terrible H1N1 Flu that is going around.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've become a germ-a-phobe of the first order.  I carry an entire arsenal of germ-fighting products in my purse.  So if you've noticed that I'm carrying larger purses lately, that's probably why.  If you see me wiping down a table at Starbucks or Costco, you can pretend you don't know me.  I'm not brave enough to wipe down a table at, say, The Oswego Grill or Stanfords, but I'll probably work my way up to those places soon.  I'd rather risk a pitying look than get the flu, how about you?

For those of you with sick friends, I've got just the card for you today.  The idea for this card came to me through one of the demonstrators on my team, Janet Jones.  We met for coffee last week (yes, I did a thorough wipe-down of the table) and she shared this clever card idea with me.  Check it out...



Isn't that just the cutest little tissue box ever?  It is made by punching a hexagon shape from Melon Mambo card stock with the hexagon punch ( page 180 of the annual catalog) and then scoring it to look like a box.  With a hole punched in the top and a tissue coming out of the hole, the illusion is complete!  To make the quilt, I started with a piece of flowered DSP that is 5 inches by 3 inches.  Using my 1 inch punch, I punched out 6 squares of coordinating DSP ( Gingham Garden DSP, page 153 of the annual catalog).  I glued the contrasting squares on top of the 3 by 5 piece using a glue stick and then ran it all through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it a quilted texture. The tissue box is adhered to a flower cut with the Fancy Flower punch. The sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts (page 59 of the annual catalog).  It is stamped in Melon Mambo ink, cut out with the Word Window punch and then backed with Daffodil Delight card stock punched with the Modern Label punch.
This card went together quickly and was so fun to make.  I'm planning to make more tissue box cards soon, so I'll have them ready to send when I need them.  Please be careful out there, stampers!  Those viruses are just waiting to pounce!  Seriously, though, may today be the start of a wonderful week for you, my loyal readers.  I appreciate you!
Hugs to all,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment