Monday, February 10, 2014

Dreaming of Spring...

Hello Stampers!
Welcome to Day 5 of Snowlandia and thanks for checking in with me this snowy morning!

Oh, I can remember those days so well!  Days when I would pray for snow so the school district would call a snow day and I wouldn't have to get up early to go to work.  It was so refreshing to have a day at home so I could sleep in, stay in my jammies half the morning, and drink hot chocolate while gazing out at the softly falling snow.  Those days didn't come often enough for me! They were such a great break in routine back then.  Now that I'm retired, I can sleep in and stay in my jammies half the morning every day if I want to!  But of course I still love the snow and I'm so happy we had this storm.  That being said, I think we've all had enough, don't you?  We bravely ventured out yesterday afternoon and saw the ugly side of snow... dirty snow piled up along roadsides, dirty slushy snow in parking lots, and more dirty snow everywhere we looked.  Our neighborhood still looks pretty though.  Our front yard is still pristine white snow and that makes me happy!  And I'll be happy too when it finally melts!

So if you're like me and are feeling ready to move forward past this snowstorm and onward into spring, this card is for you...



When I look at this card, I'm reminded of  blue skies with fluffy white clouds, daffodils nodding in the breeze,  sunshine warming the earth, and crisp white sheets flapping on the clothesline in the fresh spring air. Sounds good about now, doesn't it?

The colors I used are So Saffron (Stampin'Up!'s lightest yellow), Pear Pizzazz, and Soft Sky.  I'm sorry that it is difficult to see the stamped panels in this photo, but I used the stamp set called Backyard Basics (page 79 of the annual catalog and created a collage-y background using the tulip image stamped in Pear Pizzazz, the bird's egg image stamped in Soft Sky, and the butterfly image stamped in So Saffron.  Then I cut the panel into three equal pieces and ran them through the Big Shot with the new Decorative Dots embossing folder, which is one of the free Sale-a-bration items you can get with a $50 purchase.
I stamped the butterfly again in So Saffron on a scrap of So Saffron card stock, then cut it out with the matching Backyard Basics framelits.  I added some Soft Sky seam binding and then popped the butterfly up on a couple of ovals in Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz.  Some tiny pearls add a bit of definition to the butterfly.  If you or a friend need to be reminded that spring will arrive, maybe it's time to pull out your sunniest colors and create a card that says "spring is coming!"  There's nothing like yellow to cheer a winter-weary spirit!

Have a great Monday everyone!  May the week ahead go smoothly!
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment