Monday, February 17, 2014

Hurray for the Red, White, and Blue!

Hello stampers and Happy Presidents' Day!

In order to observe today in patriotic style, I thought I'd show you a card in red, white, and blue.  This classic color combination isn't just for Presidents' Day or the Fourth of July.  It's a great combination anytime you want a clean, crisp, and classic look.  Of course, it's a great color scheme for masculine cards as well, and that's what I'm showing you today... a nice masculine birthday card appropriate for all ages.  Check it out and I think you'll see what I'm talking about...


I've used Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, and Crumb Cake for a neutral that plays nicely with the other colors.  Isn't this just the cutest little banner ever?  The best thing is that you can have the stamps and matching punch for FREE during Sale-a-bration.  Check on page 13 of your Sale-a-bration brochure to see this cute stamp set and matching punch.  You'll get one free item for every $50 you purchase from now until March 31st.

I textured the upper part of the Crumb Cake panel with the Woodgrain embossing folder, but left the bottom part of the panel plain so I could stamp the sentiment there.  The sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday (page 16 of the annual catalog).  I love this set because there are paired sayings, one for the front of the card and one for the inside.  This makes me happy, as I often have the worst time thinking of something clever to write on the inside of a card.  Does that happen to you too?  I can usually put a pretty good-looking card together fairly quickly, but sometimes I just sit there feeling like "Duh!  What should I write?"  I hope I'm not the only one who is struck with writer's block when it comes to the blank expanse that faces me when I open a card to write something.

I used a panel of Midnight Muse under the little banners, as they did not "pop" the way I wanted them to when placed on the Crumb Cake panel.  I wrapped some Linen Thread around the Midnight Muse panel before gluing it down.  The banners are adhered with dimensionals.... so easy, quick, and fun!  You could make a card like this in under 10 minutes, and sometimes that's all we have.  Why not make a stack of cards like this and then you'll be prepared when a birthday pops up and you suddenly need a card?

Thanks for stopping by today.  It's a busy day around here, as our Seattle daughter and family are visiting us.  I'm going to go and put on my Oma apron and cook up a big turkey dinner today...right after I feed everyone breakfast!

Have a great day and please come back on Wednesday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment