Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy that Friday is here??

Hello Stampers!

Are you as happy as I am that Friday is finally here?  This weekend I've got stamping events galore.... that's what makes Sale-a-bration so fun.... party, party, party!

So I can't stay long today, as I have a LOT to do to get ready for all the stamping that will be going on here at my house this weekend, but I didn't want to leave you without a card today.

You'll be making this pretty card in shades of blue if you attend my Stamp Out Stress event on Monday, Feb. 24th at 1 pm at Symposium Coffee in Sherwood.  The cost is just $5.00 for two cards and envelopes and of course there's coffee and conversation too!  I'd love it if you could join our happy group!

Here's the card...



As many of you know, I'm not a "blue" person.  I tend to gravitate towards warm colors like reds, yellows, and oranges, probably because I've always felt a little Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), brought on by lack of sunlight during our long, gray winters.  But I know that many of my customers are really into the blues, so this card is for all the blue enthusiasts in my customer base.  The colors I used are Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana... blues I hardly ever use.  But I love how they look together on this card and I'm planning to make sure I use these pretty colors more often.  The stamp set I used is called Simple Stems and you can find it on page 33 of the Occasions catalog.  This is a great set for stamping a collage-like background, something I love to do.  I feel like I'm inventing a pretty fabric pattern, only on a very small scale.
If you've never been to Stamp Out Stress, I encourage you to join us this coming Monday, Feb. 24th at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  You'll enjoy the stamping, the company, and the yummy coffee drinks!  Oh, and one more thing... the other card has an interesting fold, a cut out panel, and is blue as well, so you'll get your dose of blue!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment