Friday, January 11, 2013

The best things in life...

Hello Stampers!  Hurray for Friday! 

Friday is definitely one of the best things in life!  Right along with chocolate, caffeine-free Diet Coke, and _________________ (insert your favorite food in the blank).

But as the saying goes, "The best things in life aren't things," and I totally agree with that.  The very best that life offers is so much more important than mere things.  Family, good health, and good friends come to mind.  If we allow them to, "things" can take over our lives.  And I'm not talking about hoarders here.  I'm talking about spending too much time worrying over, working toward, maintaining, cleaning, and keeping track of our things, our possessions.  Almost all of us have too many things and lately I've been working on down-sizing and re-organizing, and getting rid of some of my excess things.  January just seems like the right time to do this annual clean-up and of course all of the stores help us along by having all sorts of organizing and storage "things" on sale. 

I'm sure you're wondering how I'm going to work this into a blog about stamping, but never fear--- I've got a plan.   Just check out the card I have for you today and you'll see how this all comes together.


I just love this new set, called Feel Goods, which you can see on page 21 of the new Spring catalog.  The Designer Paper is called Parker's Patterns and is found on page 20.  I love the colors and patterns in this new paper.  It is bold, bright, and graphic!  The little hot-air balloon in the lower right is from the Collage Curios set, page 24 of the Spring catalog.  I added some of the new Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon for a little extra texture and interest.  The colors of card stock are:  Crumb Cake for the card base, Marina Mist for the
Chevron textured panel, then a panel of Early Espresso behind the Parker's Patterns DSP.  The Very Vanilla panel for the sentiment was cut with the Window Frames Collection Framelits, page 36 of the Spring catalog, was stamped in Early Espresso.  A little sponging in Early Espresso and a few dimensionals give it some "pop."

I hope your weekend will be relaxing and allow you to rest and recharge for another busy week. Don't forget to leave a little time free to be creative.  Art (and yes, stamping is an art!) feeds the soul and makes life so much richer and more enjoyable.

Thank you for stopping by... I appreciate all of you!
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment