Friday, January 25, 2013

Blue on Blue

Hello there stampers and a happy Friday to you!

I'm feeling a little blue that our sunshine has disappeared and that we're back to rain again.  But I'm so busy getting ready for all sorts of Sale-a-bration events that I really don't have time to dwell on the gloomy gray just outside my window.  Maybe if we all ignore it, it will just go away.

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  I'm just not a blue person.  I know it sounds almost un-American to say that I'm not a fan of blue.  I know that lots of you say that blue is your favorite color.  I'm sorry, but blue just doesn't do it for me.  Every once in a while, though, I'll go over to the blue side and that's what I've done today.

When I saw this new Sycamore Street designer paper in the Sale-a-bration brochure, I could see that it was going to be a very popular paper assortment, because it has something for everyone.  There are bold graphic patterns, smaller flowery patterns, as well as vintage-y prints.  The tile pattern that I used on today's card really caught my eye.  I've seen lots of this pattern in rugs, pillows, and other home furnishings, so I guess I'm not surprised that it showed up in Stampin'Up!'s designer paper as well.  Here, take a look...



I know... I used the Bloomin' Marvelous set again.  I promise I'll switch to a different set in my next post, but I'm really liking this set!  The colors here are Island Indigo, Whisper White, Lucky Limeaid, and Basic Black for the sentiment.  I hate to remind you, but Island Indigo and Lucky Limeaid will G-O-N-E after May 31st.  Won't that be a tragedy?!

Maybe it would be a good idea to stock up on these retiring In-Colors during Sale-a-bration, when you can get some free goodies!  You'll need a stamp pad, a refill (or two) and some card stock... one or two packages.  Then your mind will be at ease, knowing that you can stamp far into the future with these fabulous colors.

You may have forgotten how to get two or maybe three colors out of each of your stamp pads.  The answer is just to stamp without re-inking in between.  The darkest blue is the first impression using Island Indigo.  The lighter flower is the second impression, and I could have done one more, for a very very light shade of Island Indigo.  I forget to do this myself, but it does make each of your stamp pads so much more versatile.

I could have added ribbon, brads, pearls, or rhinestones to this card, but I didn't.  In the true spirit of "clean and simple," I left them off, which makes this card super mailable.  There'll be no shredded envelope here, due to getting a bump (a pearl) or a lump (knotted ribbon) caught in the postal equipment.

I've still got room for you in my Open House this Saturday, January 26th.  The morning session goes from 10:30 to 12:30 and the afternoon session starts at 1:30 and ends at 3:30.  There'll be great cards, great food, fun door prizes and good company--- the perfect way to spend a rainy Saturday morning or afternoon! Oh, and it's free!

Hope you all have some plans for the weekend!  We all owe it to ourselves to have a little fun!
Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you back here on Monday!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment