Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rain, rain, go away!

Happy Wednesday, stampin' peeps!

Are you one of those Oregonians who love the rain?   After living here for almost 23 years, I have to say that I don't mind it as much as I did at first, but the words "love" and "rain" have never been spoken in the same sentence... at least not by me.

The famous poet Langston Hughes wrote these lines,,,
 
   The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
   The rain makes running pools in the gutter
   The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
   And I love the rain.

So maybe if you think of the rain as playing a little "sleep song" on the roof, perhaps that will help you feel more positive about the rain.  It's worth a try!  Here's another thought I had about making rainy days more fun--- get a bright, cheery, FUN umbrella.  I know, I know... real Oregonians don't use umbrellas.  I'm OK with that.  Since I'm not a real Oregonian anyway, I guess I can get a neon pink umbrella and maybe even twirl it around as I sing loudly about how much I love rain.  Or maybe not.

Speaking of bright and cheery umbrellas, check this out!


This fun card was made with the new Rain or Shine stamp set (page 30 of the Spring catalog).  I used the 2011-2013 In Colors Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Wisteria Wonder. You could jazz this card up with some rhinestones on the top of the umbrellas and perhaps a bow tied on to the ribbon.  The downside to jazzing it up would be two lumps and a bump which makes mailing the card a bit iffy.  If you don't have to mail it, those would be great additions.  These great colors are going away at the end of May, so let's enjoy them for a few more months before we are forced to say a fond farewell.  Since Stampin'Up! will give you a free Sale-a-bration item for every $50 you spend until March 22nd when Sale-a-bration ends, why not stock up on these beautiful colors and get a supply of ink, card stock, ink refills, brads, ribbon, and Designer Paper before they are gone forever?  You'll be rewarded with some great  freebies of your choice from the Sale-a-bration brochure.

We'll be making this cute card at Leslie's party this Friday, February 1st at 6:30 pm at my house.  If you'd like to attend, email me (my contact info is shown on my blog header). We'll serve you a yummy pizza and salad dinner and since it is Leslie's birthday there'll also be a decadent chocolate cake to help her celebrate.
What a fun way to start the weekend!

I must run along now, as I have lots of little "to-do's" on my list today.  Please come back for another visit on Friday when I'll have another classic card for you.  Thanks for stopping in today!

Hugs,
Susan

1 comment: