Monday, January 28, 2013

A Heart-y Happy Monday to You!


Hello my stamping friends!  It's Monday here at The Classic Card, and I'm gearing up for a busy week.
How about you... do you have a lot on your "to do" list this week like I do??   I will be busy getting all of my ducks lined up in a nice neat row, as there's a lot of stamping going on here now that it is Sale-a-bration!

On the last Monday of each month at 1 pm I meet for a "crafternoon" stamping session with a nice group of ladies at the Symposium Coffee House in Old Town Sherwood.  Symposium is in an old house and the upstairs rooms are available for meetings.  We meet in the conference room, which is the largest upstairs room and you'll not only enjoy chatting and drinking coffee, but you'll go home with 2 cards and envelopes for only $3 total.  The Symposium people appreciate it very much  if we purchase a coffee, tea, or other beverage since they allow us to use the room free of charge.  It is a warm and friendly way to spend a cold and gray afternoon and we're usually finished around 2:30.

If you'd like to join us next month, just send me a quick email and I'll add your name to the list.  Here's the cute Valentine we're making today...


The card starts out as a folded piece of white card stock and then it's cut with the Scallop Square Bigz Clear die (page 192 of the annual catalog) and embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (page 189 of the annual catalog).  Then I just layered on some Real Red card stock and another smaller piece of white card stock which I stamped all over with hearts from the Hearts Aflutter set (page 11 of the Spring catalog).
The teeny tiny heart is from another set, Lovely Little Labels (page 105 of the annual catalog). The colors I used to stamp the hearts are Real Red, Pretty in Pink and Wisteria Wonder.  The sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen set of sayings (page 140 of the annual catalog) and I stamped it in Real Red and punched it out with the Scallop Oval punch (page 184 of the annual catalog).  It's a quick, simple, and classic Valentine and would be perfect for just about anyone.  If you wanted to give it a more masculine look, you could change out the pink and use Crumb Cake instead and maybe take away the Wisteria Wonder and add Early Espresso.  When you're stamping randomly like this, there's almost no way to make a mistake, which is a happy thing indeed!

Must run now, but I so appreciate your stopping by The Classic Card today.  I hope your Monday will glide by smoothly and that your whole week will be great.  Please come back on Wednesday when I'll have another classic card for you!

Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment