Friday, January 4, 2013

Fresh and New

Hello stampin' friends!  Hurray, it's Friday! 

Are you feeling like you want to get back to stamping?  It seems strange to me that I haven't had a stamping event here since December 9th.  Are you missing stamping too?  Stay tuned to your email inbox... I may have a Valentine party here on January 12th so we can make Valentines ahead of time and be ready when Valentine's Day rolls around on February 14th. 

Today I've got another fresh, spring-like card for you.  I realize that the bitter cold we're experiencing here in the Northwest is anything but spring-like, but in a couple of months, Old Man Winter will loosen his grip on us and until then, we need all of the flowery cards we can get, just to keep our dreams of springtime alive.


Let me tell you a little bit about the new products I used to create this card---

The stamp set is called Secret Garden and you can find it on page 17 of the new Spring catalog which, by the way, went "live" today!  The fun thing about this set, aside from the great images, is that is has a coordinating set of framelits to go with it.  I stamped the images onto colored card stock and then cut them out with the matching framelits to make the 3-D flower and leaves.

The colors I used were Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, and Certainly Celery.  The saying "Happy Day" is from the new set called Ciao, Baby! on page 16 of the Spring catalog.  The saying was cut out with the new Petite Curly Label punch, which is one of the Sale-a-bration items you can get FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration (which starts on Jan. 22nd).  Then I adhered it to a larger curly label punched from Certainly Celery card stock.  Some pretty ruffled Pool Party ribbon adds a nice feminine touch.  No, this is definitely not a "guy card!"

As you can see, this is an easel card and if you don't already know how to make one, I'll be more than happy to show you.  We'll be making several easel cards during Sale-a-bration... they are fun, easy to make, and take just one sheet of card stock.  I chose white for the card base because white is so fresh and clean looking.

I'm hoping that you received my e-vite for the Sale-a-bration Open House that I'm having on Saturday, January 26th.  There are two sessions...the morning session starts at 10:30 and the afternoon session starts at 1:30.  When you RSVP, please leave a comment stating which session you'd like to attend.  There will be some demos of new products, a new Spring catalog and Sale-a-bration display board, lots of door prizes, 2 free make-and-takes, plus some "specials" for you and yummy treats too.  Don't miss the fun!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and please come back on Monday when I'll have yet another Classic Card for you showcasing NEW products!
Hugs,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment