Friday, January 18, 2013

Sisters

Hi there stamping friends!

Are you happy we've finally reached Friday?  It's been quite a week around here and I'm glad the weekend is in sight. Wasn't yesterday's sunshine just glorious?  I loved every minute of it!  Oh, and I'm soooo excited to get back to stamping with you on Sunday at my Valentine-making event, the Heart-y Party.  The cards are designed, the paper is cut, the card stock is scored and folded, and the ribbon is ready to go too!  We're going to stamp, eat chocolate, chat, laugh, enjoy some treats, and stamp some more!  It's going to be one fun afternoon!

Are you one of those women who is lucky enough to have a sister?  If so, you will enjoy today's card.  If you don't have a sister, you can still enjoy today's card.... just change the word "sister" to read daughter, niece, or granddaughter.  Having a sister is a special blessing, especially when you are older.  I can remember days when I wasn't thrilled to have a sister.  I once put a line of masking tape down the center of the floor of our shared bedroom and told my sister to keep all her junk on her side.  Since that day, I'm happy to report that my "people skills" have improved. While my own daughters didn't do a lot of fighting,  there's a certain amount of drama that goes on with two teenage girls under one roof.  Thankfully, those days don't last long.  I can remember telling my girls "Someday you'll be best friends," and getting the eye roll and a pitying look that said I was lacking in intelligence.  But today they are the best of friends and I'm so glad they have each other.  No one understands you quite like a sister!  Why not pull out your stamping stuff and surprise your sister with a cute card like this?


I made this fun card at the demonstrator event that I've mentioned in earlier posts.  Isn't that dress form with the pretty pink dress the best?  There's a whole collection of "dress-up" goodies on page 32 of the Spring catalog.  There's a dress form pop-up die, some framelits that cut the form and 2 dresses, plus a stamp set.  To create this card, you just need the Framelit Dies.

The dress form was cut from Basic Black card stock.  The dress is Melon Mambo and the skirt is embossed  with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  The flowers at the waist of the dress were punched from silver glimmer paper with the flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (p. 183 of the Annual catalog). The card base is Pretty in Pink, layered onto Basic Black.  The "sister" sentiment is from the Family Reunion stamp set (page 138 of the Annual catalog). I stamped it in Basic Black, punched it out with the 1 1/4 inch scallop circle punch and then popped up on a Melon Mambo circle punched with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch.  Some  Basic Black Scallop Dots ribbon (page 172 of the Annual catalog) adds the perfect finishing touch.

I've got a lot of things on my list today, so I'd better get busy!  I hope your Friday will just fly by and that you'll enjoy a weekend full of relaxation, family, friends, and sunshine!  Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment