Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today's the Day!

Hello Stampers and welcome back!

Golly... I almost can't believe my eyes.  It looks like another sunny day.  However I think The Oregonian is forecasting "partly cloudy," so that sun may quickly disappear. I'm sure hoping that Mr. Sun will stay with us and keep us company all day long.

I'm excited today, because today's the day that my boxes of new catalogs arrive!  I can't wait to see it up close!  I've looked at it on line, but it's different when you actually hold the hard copy! Don't forget...my garage sale and new catalog pick up are coming up quickly.... June 1st at 7 pm in the evening if you've been a hostess and June 2nd for my customers.  Hostesses will receive an evite for this event shortly, so be looking for an evite from me. 

Today I'll be receiving my "pre-order" stamp sets along with my catalogs.  Stampin'Up! allows demonstrators to order a few select items in advance of the new catalog, so that we can make samples and design projects for upcoming classes and workshops.  I'm hoping to have time to play with my new stamps, but right now I'm in the middle of clearing out all of my old stamps, designer paper, punches, ribbon, and other accessories for my big garage sale.  It is a big job, but it's got to be done, and done soon.  June 1st will be here before we know it!  I'm hoping to have a card showing new stamps soon.  I appreciate your patience!

I do have a card to show you today... one that I made at a recent demonstrator meeting.  Check it out...




If you haven't seen this technique before , it is really easy to do.  You need a brayer (a wide roller with a handle), though, so if you don't have one, you can get one on page 203 of the big catalog.  Brayers are also nice for applying an even layer of ink to a large background stamp. 

For this card, Calypso Coral ink was brayered onto the smooth side of the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  Then the Very Vanilla card stock was placed inside the folder and it was sent through the Big Shot.  This technique works best with lighter colors such as Crumb Cake, River Rock, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, and the like.  I had never tried it with a color as dark as Calypso Coral, but it seemed to work out just fine.  When you are finished, just rinse the embossing folder under a faucet and let it dry.

Here's a quick list of the products used...

Stamps:
Elizabeth (single stamp, found on page 20 of the big catalog, retiring soon!)
Short and Sweet (for the sentiment)

Ink:
Calypso Coral

Paper:
Very Vanilla
Calypso Coral

Accessories:
Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder
Corner Rounder punch
Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon

Well, stampers, I've got to run. I'll be working all day in my stamp room getting ready for the big garage sale.  Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your Wednesday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment