Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pretty and Pearly

Hello stampers!  Thanks for stopping by on a rather gloomy, wet, and windy Thursday.  Just looking out the window, it seems more like February than May.  I guess we'll have to be content with the thought that somewhere the sun is shining... just not here. 

I've got a pretty new card for you today... one I made just yesterday for an upcoming stamping party at Kathryn's house on Sunday.  If you don't know Kathryn and haven't been invited all you have to do is book a party with me and we can make this pretty card at your party too!  But you have to hurry, because the stamp set I used is retiring at the end of May.

Kathryn asked for a Mother's Day card for her party, but the sentiment could easily be changed out to make this any kind of card you want... wedding, anniversary, birthday, thinking of you, get well, etc.  Of course it is not a "guy card."  OK, enough talk--- here it is


First of all, let me say that this picture doesn't really show how pearly and iridescent the flowers are.
You can catch a glimpse of its pearly beauty, but in real life it is much prettier.  I'll be sharing the trick of how to create this effect at the party.  I'd be happy to share it with you at your party too. 
I've got several open dates in June, so email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com and we can get your party on my calendar.

Here's a quick list of what I used to create this card

Stamps: 
Flower Fest-- retiring at the end of May
Delightful Dozen -- for the sentiment

Ink:
Pretty in Pink
So Saffron

Paper:
Whisper White
Pretty In Pink
So Saffron
Certainly Celery

Accessories:
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder for the Big Shot
Extra Large Oval Punch
Scallop Oval Punch
Pretty in Pink Dotted Grosgrain ribbon

Punches used for flowers:
2 3/8" Scallop Circle
1 3/4 " Scallop Circle
Fancy Flower
5 Petal Flower
Blossom Petals Builder punch-- for leaves

Thanks for stopping in today.  Since I showed you a card for Mother's Day today, it seems only fair that tomorrow I'll have a Father's Day card for you ( which could easily be changed to a birthday, congratulations, retirement, thank you, or thinking of you card for a man). 

Don't forget that Saturday is my annual retirement party and we'll be playing bingo for awesome prizes (hostess dollars, stamp sets, a Simply Scored scoring board, designer paper, and other goodies).  The fun starts at 11 am at my house in Sherwood.  Please send me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com if you'd like me to save a spot for you.

Happy Thursday everyone... stay warm and dry!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment