Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sunny Daze

Good morning Stampers! 
What a joy to wake up to sunshine streaming in my bedroom window.  These sunny days all in a row are making me feel very energetic... how about you?  Do and blue skies make you feel more positive and full of life?  I suspect I'm not the only happier person in Oregon!  Here's another thing to be happy about... my boxes of Stampin'Up! catalogs arrived yesterday.... soooo exciting to finally see them!  You are going to love the new catalog!  I can't wait to hand them out ( June 1st  for hostesses, June 2nd for customers) at my big garage sale.

It's a good thing I feel more energetic, because the end of the Stampin'Up! year is full of things I need to do... like tearing apart my display boards, pricing all of my retiring products for the garage sale, making up a new supply of door prizes, and the list goes on.  My stamp room looks like it has been hit by a tornado and I MUST get it cleaned up today, as Amy and Eli and the grandchildren are arriving from Seattle on Friday. 

Since I have so much to do, I'm going to get right to the card and then get started on my "to-do" list.
Check out this fun card... a "guy" card perfect for any occasion, and I love the clean and simple look!




By adding your own sentiment inside, you can make this card into anything you want.... birthday, Father's Day, Congratulations, etc.  I received this card in a swap at a recent demonstrator meeting
from the creative and talented Shannon Carrier. I love that it has a different fold and I thought the tiny rhinestone, used as a tie tack was a fun and whimsical touch.  By the way, this stamp set, Best Dad Ever" is not retiring and comes with 4 different sentiments:  Happy Father's Day, Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, and Best Dad Ever, so you'll be able to get a lot of use out of it. 

Here's a quick list of the products used:

Stamps:
Best Dad Ever

Ink: 
Early Espresso

Paper:
Whisper White
Early Espresso
Crumb Cake
Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:
Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine
Basic Rhinestones
Dimensionals

What a quick and easy card this would be to make--- no punches or embossing folders required! It won't take long to stamp and cut out the tie that is popped up on the right hand side (the one with the rhinestone tie tack).  In fact, it would be a great idea to stamp several of these in different colors
(trade out the Early Espresso for Night of Navy) and then leave the sentiment off.  Then when you need a guy card, just add the appropriate sentiment and you're "good to go!" 

Well, stampers, that wraps up my post for today.  I'm off to enjoy the sunny day and tackle my long list of things to do.  Have a great Thursday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment