Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Walk Down Christmas Lane

Hello Stamping Friends! 

This morning as I look out my stamp room window, I see sunshine and blue skies!  I hope it stays that way all day, so I can take a nice walk in the sunshine after I post this for you.  For the next few days, I'll  be taking you on a walk down Christmas Lane, as I show you some fun projects I made with the Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin Kit, which is shown on page 26 of the Holiday Mini-catalog. 

For only $21.95, you get 8 sheets of 12 by 12 solid card stock, 2 sheets of each of the following colors: Cherry Cobbler, Luck Limeaid, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso.  Then you also get 6 sheets of double-sided Designer Paper, plus three 12 by 12 sheets of die cut embellishments that have an adhesive backing, so all you do is peel and stick. 

As I will show you, this kit makes amazing quick and easy cards... it's not just for scrapbooking!  To make the kit stretch even farther, I used some Crumb Cake card stock for the base of my cards, then used the solid card stock and the Designer Paper that comes with the kit for accents on my cards.  Take a look...


This fast but cute card uses some of the solid Lucky Limeaid card stock layered onto my basic Crumb Cake card.  I used a strip of one of the Designer Papers on top of that, then layered on my focal image, which is a panel of Cherry Cobbler, topped by a Crumb Cake panel, and then decorated with two of the peel and stick die-cut candy canes.  A Cherry Cobbler button (p. 197) with some Linen Thread (p. 194) accents the candy canes.  The sentiment was stamped onto one of the die-cuts.  You might be wondering where I found that tiny word "joy."  Don't spend a lot of time looking for it in the catalog, because you won't find it.  I used the word "enjoy" from the You're a Gem stamp set (p. 156) and just inked the "joy" part of it with my Early Espresso marker.  What a fast and easy card, and I love how it turned out!

I hope all of you will enjoy a sunny Thursday as well!  If you can't get outside for a walk, join me again tomorrow and we'll continue our "walk " down Christmas Lane.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Susan

1 comment:

  1. A fun and festive card, Susan! Great idea for the sentiment.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete