Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Perfect Little Gift

Hello stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card!  I know I told you yesterday that I wouldn't be posting today, but my babysitting day has been moved to Thursday this week, so here I am! 

Sometimes gift-giving at the holidays can be a bit awkward.  You need to give a small gift to your co-workers, yet you aren't so close to them that you need to give them something "big."  You just need a token gift to show your thoughtfulness which will avoid the awkwardness of making them feel like they need to reciprocate.  Have you ever been in that situation?  I know I have!  For these types of gift-giving situations I have the perfect solution.  Here it is...



This set of mini-cards in a little box would also be perfect as a hostess gift if you'll be attending any holiday parties this year.  Who couldn't use some beautiful little cards to top off their gifts??

These little cuties measure 3 inches by 3 inches and nestle into a mini-pizza box.  The box is held closed with a belly band and the band has been embellished with a die cut circle and a stamped bird which was cut out by hand.  If you'd like the directions for this box, please email me.  The bird stamp, Young Vermillion,  is one of the a la carte stamps and can be found on page 20 of the big catalog.The scalloped square in Cherry Cobbler that decorates the top of the box (under the belly band) is from the Scallop Squares Duo Die (p. 223).  The circle is from the Perfect Pennants Die (p. 221). The box is made from Early Espresso card stock (p. 180), the circle is Lucky Limeaid (p. 176) and the belly band is Soft Suede card stock (p. 180).  The Young Vermillion is stamped in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock (p. 180), then cut out by hand with the wonderful Paper Snips (item # 103579, p. 208).  If you don't own these scissors, you'll want to add them to your next order.  They are only $9.95 and are made especially for "fussy cutting."  Their small size and thin sharp blades make detailed cutting a breeze!
The cards are so easy to make!   Cut the cardstock for the cards at 3 inches by 6 inches and fold in half to form the card.  You'll need a contrasting card stock panel cut at 2 1/2 by 2 1/2.  The Very Vanilla panel on top is 2 inches by 2 inches.  I colored directly on the pinecone stamp in the set Pines and Poinsettias (p. 21 of the Holiday Mini-catalog) with my Lucky Limeaid, Cherry Cobbler, and Early Espresso markers, then stamped.  I sponged the edges of the card, and each panel with Early Espresso ink.  The Chantilly crochet trim (p. 194) adds a pretty touch. The sentiment is from Petite Pairs ( p. 164).  I added some Mini Sqaure Envelopes to the box (p. 182), but you could also punch a small hole in each card and thread some of the Baker's Twine (p. 194) through the hole to have the cards function as gift tags. 

There is still time to order the supplies and make several of these little gifts. Just give me a call and I'll put your order in for you! Then you'll be prepared for giving "a little something" to your co-workers and holiday hostesses.  Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll meet me back here tomorrow for a card with a fun folded tree. 

Have a great Tuesday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment