Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One, Two, Three, Tree!

Greetings Stampers!  Welcome to Wednesday and welcome back to my blog!

It's definitely "tree time!"  I'm seeing them everywhere... on tree lots, on top of cars, and in living room windows... and it's not even December 1st yet!  I'm a big fan of fresh-cut trees and we'll be making the journey over to our favorite farm early next week to pick out a beauty.  Meanwhile, I have a cute little instant tree that you can create with just three folds.  So easy to do and it makes a great focal point for the front of a simple card.  Check it out...


To make the tree, start out with a scalloped circle of double-sided designer paper.  Here I used a sheet of Old Olive from the Designer Series Paper Stack (Brights) on page 186.  To cut the scallop shape, I used the Scallop Circle Die on page 222.  Next, cut the circle in half.  Then using the picture of the card above as a guide, fold the half circle into the tree shape.  It takes just 3 quick folds and you're done! The base of this card is Real Red and on top of that is a panel of Early Espresso.  The Very Vanilla layer is embossed with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, found on page 219.  The sentiment is from the new and fabulous Delightful Dozen stamp set (p. 167) and it's stamped in Early Espresso.  The sentiment panel is backed with a panel of Early Espresso to give it definition.  Some Real Red grosgrain ribbon (p. 195) and a Basic Rhinestone (p. 198) finish off this simple but cute card.  Oh, and one other thing... don't forget to cut a tree trunk from a scrap of Early Espresso.  Otherwise your tree will seem to be floating in space.
I saw a similar card on Dawn Olchefske's blog and she had seen it on yet another demonstrator's blog, so there's really no telling who came up with the original idea.  That's what's fun about card-making.  You can see an idea, change the colors, change the layout, use a different stamp set and make the card your own!

Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope you'll all have a great Wednesday and that your schedule will allow you a few minutes of creativity somewhere in your day. I won't see you tomorrow, as I'll be off babysitting, but I'll be back on Friday with another folded tree card that I think you'll love.

Stamp something pretty!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment