Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A few more steps along Christmas Lane

Hello Stamping Friends!
Welcome to Wednesday and welcome back to my blog!  I missed you yesterday, but I had a fun day with my little granddaughter Allie.  She is a snuggle-bug and loves to be held, so that is what I did for most of yesterday.  I know how quickly this infant stage passes, so I'm enjoying it before it is gone.

I sure hope you are not getting sick of this Christmas Lane kick I'm on!  I promise, our "walk" down Christmas Lane is almost over.  There are just a couple of cards/projects left to show you and then we'll move on to something new.  But for today, I have yet another Christmas Lane card for you...


Again, here's one more super-simple card using the Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Kit.  The card starts with a base of Crumb Cake... the one constant in all of these cards.  Then I layered on a panel of Lucky Limeaid (note to Stampin'Up!...  how can Limeaid be Lucky?)  A wide strip of the Christmas Lane Designer Paper is next, followed by the focal panel of Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler.  The tree is a die cut from the Stocking Accents die (p. 24 of the holiday mini).  This would be a great die to add to your collection, as it has many shapes... a candy cane, this Christmas tree, holly leaf and berry, a Christmas light, and a Christmas ornament.  These shapes are not only perfect for decorating the Holiday Stocking die (also on page 24 of the Holiday Mini), but they make wonderful focal points and/or embellishments for cards as well. The final touch is a Basic Rhinestone (p. 198 of the big catalog) at the top of the tree. I colored it with a red permanent marker.  (You can color both rhinestones and pearls with permanent markers, such as Sharpies.) 
You could make a LOT of these cards very quickly with the help of the Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Kit, (p. 26 of the Holiday Mini-catalog, item # 124007, price $21.95)  I hope I have convinced some of you that this kit needs to go on your next order!

Have a fabulous Wednesday everyone!  Thanks for stopping by today and I'll hope to see you back here tomorrow for another classic card.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment