Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rich Dark Espresso

Happy Wednesday stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card! 

I had so much fun babysitting Allie yesterday.  She has a slight cold, yet she was still all smiles--- such a sweetheart!  But now I'm back with another classic card for you. 

Today I'm focusing on my new favorite Stampin'Up! color, Early Espresso.  Many of you know that I love coffee, but that I'm a decaf coffee drinker.  Real coffee keeps me awake all night, so I've had to give it up.  If I drank a cup of rich dark espresso, I would feel the effects for 24 hours, so the only rich dark espresso in my life is Stampin'Up!'s Early Espresso card stock and ink.  I love this color mixed with just about everything.  It looks great with blues like Soft Sky and Marina Mist.  It is also great with Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink.  It also looks fabulous with greens such as Old Olive and Certainly Celery, and with yellows like So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, and More Mustard.  And paired with Cherry Cobbler, it reminds me of a luscious chocolate raspberry truffle or perhaps a chocolate covered cherry--- yummy!  If you haven't discovered the versatility of this rich dark espresso, put some on your next order!  I promise you'll love it!

Staying with our Thanksgiving theme, here's today's card...


The base of the card is Very Vanilla, with the panel on top in Early Espresso, which was run through the Big Shot with the new Hound's Tooth embossing folder.  The focal point of the card is a 2 1/2 inch circle punched out of Watercolor Paper and stamped with the basket of pears and the word "Grateful" from the
Always Thankful set in the Holiday Mini-catalog.  I used Jet Black Staz-On ink for the basket, so that the black ink wouldn't run when coloring.  I used Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Soft Suede, More Mustard, and Old Olive with a blender pen to color.  I sponged around the circle in Early Espresso and the sentiment is also stamped in Early Espresso.  The focal circle is popped up on dimensionals and adhered to a panel of Spice Cake Designer Paper.  Some of the gorgeous new Quilted Satin Ribbon in Early Espresso finishes off the card.

Here's a quick list of the products used:
Early Espresso Card stock and Classic ink pad, p. 180
Very Vanilla Card stock, p. 180
Watercolor Paper, p. 181
Spice Cake Designer paper, p. 17 of the Holiday Mini-catalog
Always Thankful stamp set, p. 19 of the Holiday Mini-catalog
Hound's Tooth embossing folder, p. 218
Watercolor Wonder Crayons, p. 202
Jet Black Staz-On ink pad (solvent based, so it won't run), p. 203
Blender Pens, p, 203
2 1/2 inch Circle Punch, p. 212
Quilted Satin Ribbon in Early Espresso, p. 30 of the Holiday Mini-catalog

A glance out my window reveals that today might be a good day to stay indoors and stamp the day away!But what can we expect, really?  It is November in the Northwest. Be sure to come back, as
tomorrow's post will be the beginning of a series featuring Christmas cards. If you haven't already done so, NOW is the time to get started.  Thanks for stopping by today,   Have a great Wednesday!
Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment