Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No Coal in Your Stocking!

Hello Stamping Friends and welcome to The Classic Card!

Where do you fall on Santa's list?  Are you on the Naughty list, or the Nice list?  If you're a stamper (and I'm sure you are since you are reading a stamping blog) you are definitely on the Nice list!  I've met so many nice people in my 11 years as a Stampin'Up! demonstrator.  Without all of you, my loyal customers, I wouldn't be able to be a demonstrator!  So I'm extremely grateful to all of you for allowing me to continue. 

I've got a fun stocking for you today--- one that won't hold a lump of coal!  But it will hold a candy treat, theatre tickets, a gift card, cash, and even jewelry.  If you have the Holiday Stocking die (p. 24 of the Holiday Mini-catalog) for the Big Shot, you can make multiples of this cute stocking and be Santa for all your friends and relatives.  Here it is...

In case you haven't seen one of these, it is 6 inches tall and 5 1/2 inches wide, so it will not fit into one of the standard envelopes.  For this stocking I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock and embossed it with the new Snow Burst embossing folder (p. 33 of the Holiday Mini-catalog).  The cuff, heel, and toe of the stocking are cut from Soft Suede card stock.  The bow is the Cherry Cobbler striped grosgrain (p. 195 of the big catalog)
and the hanging loop is Cherry Cobbler Scallop Dots ribbon (also on page 195).  I sewed around the edge of my stocking to adhere the two sides, then stuffed some paper shreds inside.  The button, alas, is non-SU.

I was amazed how quickly these stockings go together!  If you don't have a sewing machine, or just don't like that look, you can use another adhesive, such as Sticky Strip (p. 206) to glue it together.  These would also be adorable using Designer Paper for the stocking body and then solid card stock for the cuff, heel, and toe. With all the Designer Paper and card stock available, there's an almost unlimited number of combinations you could use.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Please let all of your stamping friends know about my blog.  I need more readers!  I'll be back tomorrow with another card to inspire your creativity.  Meanwhile, I hope you'll be able to take a few minutes out of your busy day to stamp something.  We all need a little stress-relief at this crazy time of year, and nothing beats stress like a little stamping!  It looks like another brrrr-y day out there, so stay warm!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment