Monday, December 12, 2011

Ho, Hum... feeling a bit bored

Hello Stampers!

Welcome back to The Classic Card and welcome to Monday!  It looks like a sunny day out there, so hopefully you'll be able to bundle up against the cold and get out into the sunshine at some point during the day.  I don't know about you, but I'm getting a bit bored with Christmas cards.  I've been showing them for so many posts that I have to admit I'm looking forward to a change of scenery.  Are you there with me?  I think that most of you-- if not all of you-- have either finished your cards for this year or are almost finished, so I'm not sure there's much point in continuing to post Christmas cards on the ol' blog.  So this week I'll be winding down with the Christmas projects. 

Today I've got a fun card for you that is anything but boring.  This great card is the work of one of my talented downline members, Janet Jones.  I love how Janet's cards are always clean and classic and she's very good at using her stamp sets in ways I never would have thought of.  Check out this beauty!

Isn't this a great card?!  The colors Janet used are Always Artichoke, Whisper White, and Real Red.  The stamp set is called Pendant Park and you can find it on page 79 of the big catalog.  This is not a Christmas set, but Janet figured out how to make it Christmas-y.  The tree on the focal panel is stamped in Always Artichoke and then that panel is backed with a panel of Real Red card stock.  Janet has punched holes in the top panel, so that the Real Red behind it shows through.  So now the tree has little red berries on it... such genius!  The sentiment on the card is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (p. 157) and the bird is from Season of Friendship (p. 102).  A scalloped strip of Designer Paper (Designer Paper Stack, Regals Collection, p. 186) and some Real Red grosgrain (p. 195) complete this beautiful card.  Thanks, Janet, for allowing me to share this card on my blog!

Well, stampers, today's going to be a busy one, so I'm off to tackle my "to-do" list!  I'll be absent on Tuesday, but will be back on Wednesday with a fun project that is adaptable for any season.  Thanks for stopping by today and I'll hope to see you back here on Wednesday.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment