Monday, June 18, 2018

Lovely Lilypad Lake

Hello stampers!

How was your weekend?  I hope it was relaxing , even if it was less than ideal weather.  I was a bit jealous when I heard that you had some thunderstorms on Sunday.  We don't get too many of those down here in California and I've always enjoyed the flashes of lightening and the boom of thunder. 

I've got a really beautiful card to show you today, thanks to my downline Janet Jones.  She used the new Lilypad Lake stamp set on page 133 to make this lovely card.  




Isn't this a great card?  Now I think I need to order this set, as well as the matching framelits.  Janet used the matching framelits to create the water, as well as to cut out the egret and the lily pad.  The base of the card is Mint Macaron. The white panel that forms the front of the card was die-cut to create the illusion of water, then layered over the card base.  The bird and flowers were stamped on watercolor paper with Memento ink, then colored with the new Stampin' Blends alcohol markers. The sentiment comes with the set.  That's the new 1/4 inch Velvet Ribbon in Rich Razzleberry (p. 201 of the new catalog). I love sets that have both images and sentiments!  That way you've got coordinating images and words, which makes a stamper's life so much easier! Thanks again, Janet, for letting me show off this gorgeous card.

I'm going to cut this short as I have a to-do list as long as both arms!  We are only supposed to reach the upper 80's today. I checked the Portland forecast and it looks like you've got a nice warm and sunny week ahead, which I'm sure you'll welcome.  Break out the popsicles and lemonade and soak up some sun!  May the week ahead be a good one for all!
Hugs and happy stamping!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card. It is so fun looking and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lilypad Lake and it has so many options. You can be sure it's on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete