Monday, December 1, 2014

Yikes, It's Here!


Happy Monday and Happy December first to all! 

Yes, stampin' peeps, it's here... the most wonderful time of the year (as the song says).  I'm afraid it's also the most harried and crazy time of the year as well.  The secret to staying sane, my friends, is to pace yourself.  Everything on your list doesn't need to be accomplished in the first week of the month.  Another helpful way to cope with so many demands on your time is to stand in front of a mirror and practice saying the word "no" with a smile on your face and warmth in your voice.  It does take a bit of practice, but you'll get better the more you say it.  Give yourself the gift of a slightly emptier calendar so that you'll have time for getting together with friends instead of baking 10 dozen cookies for the school program.  (You can buy those cookies and no one will care!).  

Speaking of cookies, here's a fun box that will hold a stack of cookies very neatly and show them off as well.  



You'll get to decorate this rectangular box with a clear acrylic sleeve that slips over it if you attend my annual Santa's Workshop class this coming Saturday at 10:30 am.  The box is called the Tag a Bag Gift Box and can be seen on page 201 of the annual catalog.  You get 8 boxes and sleeves for just 6.95, so that works out to 87 cents a box.  What a great deal!

I used the new Under the Tree specialty paper on page 5 of the holiday catalog to make a belly band for the box.  Then I used more of the same paper to punch out a tag.  I tied a large bow with the gorgeous new Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon on page 7 of the holiday catalog, then added the tag with some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (page 206 of the annual catalog).  This is a food-safe box, but I'd probably line it with some waxed paper, parchment paper, or foil before adding my cookies or candy.  It's also a nice sized box for jewelry, perfume, cosmetics, bath products, golf balls and tees, socks--- you name it!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Now I think we both need to move forward with our day.  I've got a lot on my list and I'm sure you do too!  Be sure to come back on Wednesday when I'll have more stamping ideas for you.

Don't forget that the Online Extravaganza continues through tomorrow, Dec. 2nd,  There are some great doorbusters today!
Hugs,
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment