Friday, December 12, 2014

A Classic Combination


Hi again, Stampers!  Happy Friday!


Hasn't this week just flown by?  I know I mentioned that I'd be making some non-Christmas cards for a breath of fresh air, but I'm pretty sure you're not surprised to hear that I just haven't had time yet.  I'm hoping to get some time next week to do a little creating with my goodies from the new Occasions catalog and the new Sale-a-bration Brochure!

By the way, I think you are going to love, love, love the offerings in the Sale-a-bration brochure this year.  There are all sorts of great things that you can get with a $50 purchase!  

Here's the card I want to share with you today... a card with the classic color combination of blue and white... with a little gold thrown in for a festive holiday note...



This pretty card was stamped with the Many Merry Stars stamp set that is in the Holiday Supplement.  I stamped some of the images in Gold Encore metallic ink, then added dimension by punching out some of the images and layering them over the gold stars.  The colors here are Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, and Gold Metallic Encore ink (page 211 of the annual catalog).  The gold ink is pigment-based, which means you need to set it aside to dry or dry it with a heat gun.  The sentiment is part of the Many Merry Stars set, so no additional stamps are needed.  I started with a base of Brushed Gold card stock, then added another layer of Night of Navy, with the Very Vanilla panel on top.  The Night of Navy Seam Binding (page 207 of the annual catalog) adds a soft and silky accent which, along with the pearls, adds an elegant touch to this quick and easy card.

Thanks for stopping by this Friday!  I hope the weekend ahead is filled with some fun holiday activities!

Holiday hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment