Monday, August 21, 2017

Grown with Love by Stampin'Up!

Hello stampers!

Are you ready for the eclipse?  Since we aren't in the "area of totality," I didn't bother to purchase any protective eye-wear.  We're going to go to a gathering in Davis where we'll be able to share some glasses and at least get a peek at this phenomenon.  As much as I love Oregon, I'm happy to be missing the crowds and the traffic!

I sat down last night to make a card using the Grown With Love bundle that's on page 22 of the annual catalog.  I'm challenging myself to use all of the stamp sets I ordered in June when the new catalog came out.  I loved this set when I first saw it in the catalog and I love it even more now that I've finally used it.



I was going for a late summer look, so I used some warm colors...  Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake for the ink and Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White for the card stock.  

Here's a quick list of the products I used:
Stamps
Grown with Love bundle (stamps and framelits) #145338, $45.75, p. 22
Beautiful Bouquet stamp set #143666, (for the sentiment) $27.00, p. 92
Burlap Background stamp #143982, $15.00, p. 165  I stamped the Burlap background stamp in Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake card stock.  Doesn't it look realistic?
Accessories
Crushed Curry Solid Baker's Twine #144354, $3.00, p. 199
1/4 " Copper Trim #144179, $6.00, p. 199
1 1/4 inch Circle Punch #119861, $16.00, p. 207
1 3/8 inch Circle Punch #119860, $16.00, p. 207 

With a change of colors, this is a set for any season.  With the flowers stamped in red and pink and a change in sentiment, this would make a fun Valentine's Day card.  If you stamped everything in pastels such as Soft Sky, Powder Pink, and So Saffron, you could make a lovely springtime or Easter card.  I love versatile sets like this and who wouldn't?  I think we're all trying to get the most out of our stamping dollars.

Have a great week, everyone, and remember to take a little time out to stamp something pretty.  You'll be happier when you make time for creativity. Creative hobbies like stamping are beneficial to our brains as well as our spirits, so take a break from your "to-do" list and enjoy a few hours of stamping fun.
Hugs and happy thoughts coming your way,
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment