Monday, August 14, 2017

Beautiful Bouquet by Stampin'Up!

Hello stampers!

I love the card I'm going to show you today, but first... how was your weekend?  Did you stay home and take care of chores like yard work, cleaning, and/or organizing?  Or did you leave town for a change of scene and a change of weather?  I hate to admit being so boring, but I love a weekend where I can spend time at home cleaning and puttering and maybe doing a small decorating project.  Right now I have some great fabric that I purchased for some window treatments in my stamp room.  I've been meaning to get out my sewing machine but just haven't done it yet.  I also need a fun light fixture for my stamp room.  Once I finish my projects, I'll post a picture of my stamp room, but don't hold your breath, as it won't be anytime soon. 

OK... let's get to the card, which features the wonderful Beautiful Bouquet stamp set (p. 92) and matching Bouquet Bunch framelits (p. 213).  You can purchase the stamps and framelits  as a bundle and save 10 %.  






I don't usually do this, but I loved this card in the catalog so much that I decided to re-create it.  You can see Stampin'Up!'s version of the card on page 93 of the annual catalog.  My card is not an exact copy, but it's close.  I left off the doily, added a Soft Sky card stock base, and added some of the new 3/8 " Classic Weave Ribbon in Soft Sky.  Oh, and I left off the Linen Thread that is tied around the bouquet and substituted the small stamped bow.  I used the new Polka Dot Basics embossing folder (p. 210) to add some texture to the background.  

The flowers were stamped in Calypso Coral, So Saffron, and Soft Sky.  The flower stems were cut from Pear Pizzazz card stock. As you can see, there is quite a bit of cutting with the Big Shot.  I stamped everything I was going to need first, then ran it through the Big Shot repeatedly until each piece was cut.  I slipped each of the cut pieces into a clear bag as they were cut.  That way I didn't lose any of the very small pieces.  

While this card has a summery look, I think the bouquet would look great done in fall colors too... maybe Fresh Fig, Crushed Curry, and Tangerine Tango for the flowers, with Garden Green for the stems.  As fall approaches, I'll try out some different color combinations.  

I hope you'll take some time in the week ahead just for you... time to be creative and play with stamps, colorful papers, inks, and accessories to create something beautiful... something from your heart.  Then send your work of art to someone who needs encouragement, someone who's going through a difficult time, or someone who is celebrating a happy event such as a birthday or anniversary.  Your creativity can make a difference in someone's life!  

Happy thoughts are coming your way!  I appreciate you!
Hugs to all,
Susan






No comments:

Post a Comment