Monday, April 9, 2018

Bright Birthdays

Hello Stampers and a happy Monday to all!

Today is a very big day in Stamping Land!  First of all, the new annual catalog will be posted at noon Pacific Daylight Savings Time.  I wish you could all get a peek at it, but unfortunately, you have to be a demonstrator to see it this early.  Being the first to see new catalogs and products is one of the perks of being a demonstrator.    Another reason for excitement is that the retiring list will be posted today as well.  I will send it along later today in a group email to all of my customers, so be looking for it sometime this afternoon.  I will not be sending it out as soon as it is posted, as I will have a house-full of company at that time.  You can probably find it on the Stampin'Up! web site if you are in a hurry to see it, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I've got a birthday card for you today that you could make in quantity and have on hand for any birthday that comes along.  I love having some general birthday cards in my stash that don't look too feminine or too masculine or too much like a card for a small child.
Check out this card and you'll see what I mean... it would be perfect for just about anyone!



If I was thinking of sending this to a guy, I might tie a knot in the ribbon, instead of a bow, but other than that, I wouldn't make any changes.  I used products from the Picture Perfect Party suite on pages 4 and 5 of the Occasions catalog.  The stamp set is called Picture Perfect Birthday and the printed DSP is called Picture Perfect Party.  I stamped the candles in Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party (stamped off once) and Berry Burst (also stamped off once).
The sentiment is stamped over the candles in Berry Burst.  

The base of the card is Whisper White, with a layer of Bermuda Bay over it.  The sentiment is stamped on a Whisper White oval, cut with one of the Stitched Shapes dies.  

Why not get out some of your favorite birthday stamps and create a stack of birthday cards for all of the upcoming birthdays on your calendar??  You'll be ahead of the game and you can feel a sense of accomplishment, knowing that you are ready for any birthdays on the horizon.

Hope the week ahead will be a good one for you!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment